Import/Export (IE) Code Registration
Startup India Registration from eAuditor Office
Provide your Name, Email & Mobile No. and click Get Start Now
Our Expert will call you and send you an email with list of required details/documents.
Kindly email the requested documents to us to start the Import/Export (IE) Code Registration process.
Our Expert Team will help you to complete all your compliances done.
Here's How it Works
1. Fill Form
Simply fill the form and click Get Start Now.
2. Call to discuss
Our Experts will connect with you to proceed further.
3. Work done
We will help you to get the entire process done.
Import/Export (IE) Code Registration
On importing or exporting from India, an IEC (Import Export Code) licence is one of the requirements, and Importer-Exporter Code is another name. Anyone who wishes to form an import/export business in the country will require an IEC (Import Export Code) issued by the Director-General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). An IEC is a lifetime valid 10-digit code. As mentioned before, importers merchants cannot import products without an Import Export Code, and exporters’ merchants cannot use DGFT incentives such as the export plan, etc., without an IEC.
Situations in Which IEC Is Necessary
It is required by the customs officials when an importer clears its shipments through customs.
An IEC is needed when an importer sends money abroad through a bank.
The customs port asks for it when an exporter sends his shipments.
The bank requires it when an exporter immediately receives money in foreign currency into his bank account.
IEC (Import/Export Code) Registration Procedure
- Visit the DGFT's website.
- On the homepage, select the 'Services' tab.
- From the drop-down menu, choose 'IEC Profile Management.'
- A new window will appear. On the page, select the 'Apply for IEC' option.
- Select 'Register' from the drop-down menu. Fill in the relevant information and click the 'Send OTP' button.
- Click the 'Register' button after entering the OTP.
- You will receive a notice containing the temporary password after successfully validating the OTP, which you can alter after logging into the DGFT website.
- After completing the registration process on the DGFT website, log in using your user name and password.
- On the DGFT website, select the 'Apply for IEC' option.
- Fill out the application form (ANF 2A format), upload the necessary papers, pay the fees, and click the 'Submit and Generate IEC Certificate' button.
- The DGFT will be in charge of generating the IEC code. Once the IEC code has been developed, you can print your certificate.
Documents required to register for an IEC
Following are the documents needed for registration of the IEC Code:
- A copy of the applicant's PAN card (person, firm or company)
- Aadhar card, Voter id, or passport copy of the applicant.
- The copies of cancelled cheques of the current bank by candidates or businesses.
- Copy of the premise, a copy of the rental agreement, or a copy of the electric bill
- A self-addressed envelope for the IEC certificates registered mail delivery.
Benefits of IEC Registration
The Import Export Code (IEC) can help you take your services or products to a global market and expand your business.
Based on their IEC registration, the companies could receive many incentives for their imports/exports from the DGFT, Export Promotion Council, Customs, etc.
No Returns to be filed
The IEC does not need any returns to be filed. Also, it is not necessary to follow any form of a protocol to maintain its validity once it has been assigned. There is no need to file any returns with the DGFT for export trades.
It's easy to get an IEC code from the DGFT within 10 to 15 days of applying. Proof of an export or import is not necessary to obtain an IEC code.
Cases in which the Import-Export Code (IEC) is not required
As per the government's most recent issue, IEC is not asked for all GST-registered merchants. The trader's PAN will be considered as a new IEC code for import and export purposes in all of these circumstances. If the exported or imported products are for personal use and not commercial purposes, an Import Export Code (IEC) is not required. Notified Charitable Institutions do not need an Import Export Code for export/import done by Government of India Departments and Ministries.
Yes. An Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) is a unique business identification number used when importing or exporting goods to or from India. Unless specifically exempted, a person or corporation cannot ship or import without obtaining an IEC. However, unless the service provider receives incentives under the Foreign Trade Policy, IEC is not required for service exports.
IEC will be generated automatically after the online application is filed with the required payments and papers. The DGFT will send an SMS and e-mail to an applicant informing them of their IEC allotment, along with a link to download and print the e-IEC.
Individuals acting as business proprietors can seek IEC registration. Individuals can apply for IEC registration using their name or the name of their firm.
You can print your IEC certificate by following the steps below: Visit the DGFT's website for further information. On the homepage, select the 'Services' tab. From the drop-down menu, choose 'IEC Profile Management.' A new window will appear. On the page, select the 'Print IEC' option. After you've double-checked your information, click the 'Print IEC' button.
Yes. The IEC profile must be updated at least once a year, and the IEC profile will be deactivated if it is not updated. After a successful update, a deactivated IEC can be reactivated. However, reactivation is subject to the condition that no other action be taken in the event of a violation of any Foreign Trade Policy restrictions.
It is unnecessary to have a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) to apply for an IEC. Aadhaar authentication can be used to sign the IEC application. DSC was implemented at the IEC to improve the issuance and modification processes.