Import/Export (IE) Code Modification
100% Online & Our Expert team will make it easy
Provide your Name, Email & Mobile No. and click Get Start Now
Our Expert will call you and send you an email with list of required details/documents.
Kindly email the requested documents to us to start the Import/Export (IE) Code Modification process.
Our Expert Team will help you to complete all your compliances done.
Here's How it Works
1. Fill Form
Simply fill the form and click Get Start Now.
2. Call to discuss
Our Experts will connect with you to proceed further.
3. Work done
We will help you to get the entire process done.
Import/Export (IE) Code Modification
Flourishing the business beyond the domestic market is what a businessman aims for. However, certain procedural aspects need to be followed for expanding your business to the international markets. One of the pre-requisites for the import-export business is obtaining the Import-Export Code (IEC). Read on to understand what IEC is and the purpose of the same.
What is Import Export Code?
Import Export Code (IEC) or the Importer Exporter Code, is a 10 digit numerical identification code that is issued by the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Department of Commerce. IEC is mandatorily required to be obtained by the businesses looking forward to engaging in imports and exports from the Indian territory.
IEC Code has a lifetime validity and if there is any change in the particulars, the IEC Code modification can be undertaken accordingly.
Documents needed to modify the IEC
Following are the documents required for IE Code modification:
- PAN card of the IEC holder
- A canceled cheque for savings / current bank account
- Passport size photo
- ANF-2A application form
- Aadhaar Card of all the partners and directors
- Class-2 or Class-3 Digital Signature
- Documents pertaining to the modification, depending upon the changes done.
The Process for IEC Code Modification Online
Below is the step-by-step IEC Code modification procedure:
- Visit the DGFT website and https://www.dgft.gov.in/CP/ and click on the ‘Update IEC’ button.
- Enter your login details. In case you are not registered, then click on the ‘Register’ tab and register yourself.
- After the login, link your IEC in case it is not linked. You will receive an OTP in your registered email-id. Once linked, click on the ‘Update/Modify IEC’ Option.
- A pop-up will appear displaying your IEC code details. Do the requisite changes as needed. In case there are no changes, then continue with saving information in each head.
- At last, check the application summary and submit it. You will need a Digital Signature Certificate of the registered person to submit the summary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Only proprietorship firms can edit the firm name manually. For companies, the name is directly fetched from the MCA based on the Company Identification Number (CIN). In the case of other constitution formats like Limited Liability Partnerships, Partnership Firms, Hindu Undivided Families, Society, Trusts, etc., the firm name will be as per PAN Card only.
All the details pertaining to change in the PAN number or details of the PAN are sent for approval to the RA office and will be approved by them.
IEC shall be obtained for import and export of both goods and services. Therefore, whenever an international transaction is undertaken, the IEC code will be mandatory.
In case of import or export of goods for personal use, an IEC code won’t be required. IEC code is required only for commercial transactions involving the import and export of goods and services.
IEC code is required for undertaking import and export transactions. There are no post-registration compliances and as such, there is no return filing requirement.