If you are a Micro, Small or Medium Enterprise, then you might be willing to apply for MSME Udyam registration. Udyam acts as an MSME proof that allows businesses to claim multiple benefits that the government provides to MSME businesses and startups. Further, for promoting ease of doing business, the entire process of Udyam registration has been made online.
Once you have applied for Udyam registration, you need to wait for certain days before you get the registration certificate. However, how to apply for the Udyam registration? And how can you check the status of your Udyam registration? Let’s check it out!
How to Apply for Udyam Registration?
Applying for Udyam registration is very simple. Online applications shall be filed from the Udyam registration portal in order to obtain the Udyam certificate. Following are the steps for obtaining Udyam registration:
- Visit the Udyam registration portal - https://udyamregistration.gov.in/Government-India/Ministry-MSME-registration.html
- Click on the ‘For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME or those with EM-II’ button
- Enter your Aadhaar number and your name as per Aadhaar
- Tick on the declaration and then click on the ‘Validate & Generate OTP’ button. An OTP will be sent on your mobile number registered with your Aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP and provide the necessary details as required in the Udyam registration application
- Once all the details are provided and the application is filed, your Udyam registration number will be generated. In most cases, you can download your Udyam registration certificate immediately.
However, in certain cases, you might have to wait for a few days till your Udyam certificate gets generated. In such cases, you can track your Udyam registration application status by following the below-mentioned steps.
How to Check Udyam Registration Status?
Following is the step-by-step procedure to check the status of your Udyam registration:
- Visit the Udyam registration portal
- Search for the ‘Print / Verify’ button in the upper right-hand corner of your screen and click on it.
- Then click on the ‘Print Udyam Registration Certificate’ button
- Enter your Udyam registration number
- Choose the option in which you want to receive the OTP i.e., email ID or mobile number
- After clicking on the ‘Generate OTP’ button, you will receive the OTP in your selected option
- Enter the OTP that you received and then click on the ‘Validate OTP’ button
- You will get the status of your Udyam registration. In case the certificate is generated, it will be displayed and you can download or print the same
Author : Dipen
Date : 13-Jul-2022